About LAG Međimurski doli i bregi
Local action group Međimurski doli i bregi (The Hills and Valleys of Međimurje) is an association based on the LEADER principles which connects citizens, local government, civil society organisations, private organisations and others organisations in order:
- to promote a sustainable rural development
- to establish a partnership between sectors and to connect all development projects on LAG area
- to implement a Local Development Strategy
LAG connects representatives of the public, private and civil sector from thirteen municipalities and one city in the western and central part of the Međimurje County: Gornji Mihaljevec, Nedelišće, Selnica, Strahoninec, St. Juraj na Bregu, St. Martin na Muri, Šenkovec, Štrigova, Mursko Središće, Podturen, Domašinec, Belica, Pribislavec and Mala Subotica.
The association was founded on October 22nd 2012 at the Inaugural Meeting of 31 founders in The Municipality of St. Juraj na Bregu. It had eight member municipalities at first: Gornji Mihaljevec, Nedelišće, Selnica, Strahoninec, Sveti Juraj na Bregu, Sveti Martin na Muri, Šenkovec and Štrigova. In June 2015 LAG area was expanded to the Municipality of Podturen and to the City of Mursko Središće. The second expansion of the LAG area occured in June 2016 when municipalities of Belica, Domašinec, Mala Subotica and Pribislavec have joined.
Local Action Group today has an area of 404,72 km² and a population of 56 384 living in 91 settlements.
LAG currently has 130 members and the number is growing continuously:
- 16% from public sector (local government, schools, kindergartens, tourist boards, environmental organisations)
- 43% from private sector (family farms, companies)
- 40% from civil sector (associations)